Monday, August 18, 2008

There's a first time for everything!

Well, here I am blogging for the first time. I was inspired by my neighborhood friend, Megan, and my college friend, Velma, to start a blog. I was so excited to find Velma's blog a few days ago and hear what is happening with her on a regular basis. Then, I realized we have so many friends and family who live far away and might want to see what is going on with us, too. So, here we are!

It's hard to believe we have been in San Antonio for a year already. We really enjoy living here and it has been an easy transition. Having my parents and Jessica close by has been wonderful. No more traveling to see them or having Jessica fly out to visit us. It has made life easier.

On the other hand, it was hard to leave my close friends and start a new chapter. The Lord has been faithful and has blessed us with great new friends here. We've met some great people in our neighborhood and at different bible studies. We even met a couple at the bookstore!

Over the next few days, I'll try and post some pictures of Sofia's recent birthday party and celebrating Mom's birthday on the 17th. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Becky,
I am so glad you have a blog now. I am looking foward to keep up with you this way. I always thought this cost money and was thrilled to find it was an easy and free way to keep people posted. Email just wasn't doing it. Happy Birthday Sofia!!! 3 already and Jessica looks so grown up! You will have to fly down and visit us sometime - we're always here. You can come check out our church!

Liene said...

Welcome to blogland!! For us it's been the best way to keep everyone updated.

I can't believe how big Jessica and Sofia are. You'll have to look at my blog to see how big Eriks is. I still don't believe it!