Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trip to Cody's

I made a vow to myself at the beginning of the year that I would try and visit my close friends more. I've been wanting to go to Houston to spend time with my college friend, Cody. We tried last Summer, but her little girl got sick the morning we were leaving.

This time, it was the week of Thanksgiving and Sofia was out of school. The weather was wonderful and Cody said it would be a great time to come. So, Sofia and I rode with Daddy to Houston. We met Cody in town and Paul dropped us off. He headed to work for the next few days, while we spent time with Cody and her family.

It was a great time of friendship and relaxing. I hadn't spent much time with Cody, since we've both been married. She lived in Georgia for 5 years and then moved to Houston, while we were in Dallas. So, now it's nice only being a few hours from one and another.

We talked and talked while the kids played. Sofia and Camille became fast friends. They even wanted to sleep in Camille's room together. The two of them were SO funny. They ran around and had a blast. We went to the park, the mall, and McDonald's. I even had a chance to spend some time with Cody's parents. Of course, Cody made some great homemade meals. We felt right at home.

Paul came after the last night of his trip and spent the night. We all had breakfast together the next morning and talked. So nice. We will definitely do it again soon!

Now....who will I visit next?!







Sofia playing cowgirl on Camille's horse







Cody getting our picnic lunch ready to eat








Sofia on the futuristic playground








Sofia and Camille swinging Barney







Sofia with a real sunflower in her hair








Camille with her sunflower







Both the girls with their "pacies" (funny story--Cody was hoping Sofia would make fun of Camille for using a pacy, but instead Sofia just joined in)






0 comments: