I have become addicted to craigslist! Paul and I decided to get a swingset for Sofia, since she LOVES the swings. We looked around and found out how crazy expensive they are. I just knew I could find one cheaper. So, I made it my mission to find one on craigslist. Long story short, we bought one for a fraction of the price from this sweet couple. We tore it down and have it sitting on our backyard patio. We plan to restain it and reassemble it when we can find some time, hopefully soon (I'll post pictures when it's done).
This brings me to my latest find, an outdoor playhouse. I've been looking at them for a while and they are pricey. So, I searched on good ole' craigslist for a couple of weeks and a few peaked my interest. Then, I found this old ad without a picture that described the playhouse as "dirty with the roof coming off". The owner e-mailed me this past Saturday to say it was still available, if I wanted to take a look at it. My dad was in town for the weekend and they didn't live far, so we drove over. It was dirty and the roof just needed to be screwed in, nothing that couldn't be fixed. So, we took it apart and put it in the back of our minivan. Here's the best part...it was only 20 dollars!!!
Dad and I put it in the backyard and hosed it down. Then, we cleaned it with soapy water and rags. We let the sections dry and put it back together again. It was actually fun and Sofia helped, too. Needless to say, it was well worth it and it looks almost brand new. I'm so thankful and believe it was just waiting for us to come get it. Enjoy the pics below!
Before cleaning
Sofia helping out
Looks great for 20 bucks!
Sofia enjoying her playhouse

1 comments:
awesome!!
We are going tonight to see rainbow playsets - they r having a demo sale. I was addicted to craiglist too, when we were looking for a minivan and bunkbeds. We found both and got great deals.
Post a Comment