Saturday, June 20, 2009

Karen's Visit

My college friend, Karen, came to visit the area this week. She lives with her family in Midlothian, TX (just south of Dallas). Her parents own a condo in New Braunfels, so they come a few times a year to visit. I'm so thankful because it guarantees I'll see her every year. We met up at Chick-fil-A for lunch and to let the girls play.

Karen has two daughters, Megan (almost 7) and Amber (almost 4). Infact, Amber is exactly three weeks older than Sofia. It's funny because we were telling Karen's mother about how we visited each other in the hospital before both girls were born. I was so huge and about to pop when Amber was born. Karen just had a C-section and Amber was three weeks old. What a great friend to travel up to the hospital to check on me while she was in that condition!

Our friendship has grown so much over the years. I met Karen through the Christian sorority (Sigma Phi Lambda) I joined at Texas A&M. She was my big sister. Then, we both lived in the Dallas area after college and didn't know many people there. That's when we got closer. We ate lunch and dinner together frequently. We were also bridemaids in each other's weddings.

I'm so glad the Lord had us cross each other's paths. He just knew we would make great friends. She is someone I can always count on. I miss seeing her more frequently. But, I know we will always be in touch!




Amber and Karen





Amber, Megan, and Sofia


0 comments: