Saturday, October 17, 2009

Great Friends and Great Music!

Belen, Velma, me, and Cody (My Aggie Girfriends!!)



Paul and I traveled to Houston this past week to see U2 in concert. We bought the tickets back in April and we were so excited to go! My college friend, Velma, and her husband, Adam, wanted to come. So, we bought tickets together.

It was a crazy, but fun day. We flew in right after lunch and met our friends at the hotel. They also flew in from the Rio Grande Valley that morning. We both had lunch and then drove to the Galleria Mall to meet up with more college friends. Velma's sister lives in Houston and so does our close friend, Cody. They both met us at California Pizza Kichen with their husbands and kids.
We really enjoyed catching up and seeing each other. I made sure we took a couple of pictures, since we haven't been all together in so long. It was sad leaving, but we had to get to the concert in time.

We hit traffic and made it to the stadium while the opening band, Muse, was playing. We had enough time to get t-shirts and drinks before U2 came on. We were all waiting in anticipation for the show to start. I was trying my best to soak it all in. The stadium was filled with 70,000 people.

I got chills when U2 walked on stage. They have been around for over 25 years and they are one of the greatest rock bands of all time. The show was amazing and they played one hit after another. We had great seats really close and we took tons of pictures. Paul even got a few video clips with our camera. (Check out the video footage below) The stage was awesome and resembled a spaceship. It was unbelievable and now I can check another thing off my bucket list. Hope we can see them again one day!

Of course, having great friends with us was awesome. Adam was beside himself with excitement and it was wonderful to see. It was hard to say goodbye to my friends. I've really missed them over the years. Seeing them again reminded me of how much I need to see them. I'm praying to see them more often. I felt so blessed after the whole experience!






The spaceship stage





Paul and I with the stage behind us






Adam and Velma






The Edge







Bono on the catwalk in front of us





Bono singing near us






Spectacular lighting during the encore



0 comments: