Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cody's Visit

My college friend, Cody Kelly, was able to come visit us this week. She is one of my closest friends and sorority sisters. We met at A&M during my junior year. She was the roommate of my friend, Velma. Her husband, Cambridge, had a job to do in New Braunfels for a day and she tagged along.

I was so excited to see her! I hadn't seen her, since I was in Atlanta for a job conference about 6 or 7 years ago. Her husband was in the Air Force at the time and they were stationed in Georgia for 5 years. She came back to live near her parents in Houston about 3 1/2 years ago.

I met her family for dinner in New Braunfels when they arrived. Unfortunately, Paul was working and couldn't come. It was so much fun to introduce our daughters to each other. Cody's little girl, Camille, is exactly 1 year younger than Sofia. Sofia needed some time to warm up to everyone and Camille was sweet enough to share her stuffed puppy with her. By the time dinner was over, they were playing together and laughing. It was cute!

Cody hasn't changed at all and it was so good to talk to her in person. We e-mail often, but it's not the same. They came over and spent the whole day with me yesterday while Cambridge was working. The girls played and even went outside for a bit. My mom stopped by to say hello, too. We took the girls to Chick-fil-A and that was nice. They played for a long time, while Cody and I talked. Cody had to leave in the afternoon to pick up her husband. Then, we met up again for dinner at Alamo Cafe. The last time we were there together was the night of my bridal shower.

It was a fun time, but it was too short. I need to go to Houston to see her again soon. I was so glad I took pictures. I miss you already, Cody!





Camille and Sofia sharing toys





Cody and Me with our girls





The girls outside of Alamo Cafe






The Kellys (and one little Kuzma)





Old Friends!



0 comments: