Well, it's that time of year again in San Antonio, F-I-E-S-T-A! Every year for two weeks in April the city has ongoing parties and festivals. It was started over 100 years ago to honor the heroes of the Alamo and Battle of San Jacinto. Now, it's about celebrating the heritage and culture of the city. My mom has always loved it and has passed on the enjoyment to me. When I was younger, we would go to Night In Old San Antonio at La Villita Square (where Paul and I got married). There was live music and people eating. It was a big party that would last well past midnight.
Now that I'm getting older and have a daughter of my own, my new favorite event is the Fiesta Arts Fair. It's held on the grounds of the Southwest School for Arts & Crafts. They have art and jewelry vendors from all over the country. There's tons of great food and live music. The real attraction is the garden where there are several tables set up for kids crafts.
I couldn't wait to take Sofia this year! Last year, she was a little too young to join in. She sat in her stroller and enjoyed the music. This time, she really loved doing the crafts and spending time with my parents. We made a Fiesta Crown, a beaded necklace, and had her face painted. It was so much fun! I made sure to take pictures.
We had great weather and my cousin, Johnny, got to join us. He drove in from Ft. Stockton, TX. We haven't seen him in about two years, so it's been a great visit. Paul was working and couldn't make it. We really missed Daddy and we hope he can make it next year.

Sofia eating her fruit cup

Sofia making her Fiesta Crown

Mommy helping out

Sofia getting her face painted

Butterfly on one side
Dolphin on the other cheek

Sofia with her crown, necklace, and face paint
Mommy, Sofia, and Cousin Johnny


0 comments:
Post a Comment